ADE Werk Linear Actuators
ADE Werk Linear — specialists in drive technology and electric linear actuators for the last 50 years.
ADE Werk Linear Actuators
Basic design and function
ADE-WERK Linear Actuators
Though this range can be designed and built to meet your exact specifications, this is a good example of the basic functionality and components included in the design; contact us to discuss your specific needs, or visit the ADE Werk website to access more technical information.
Item 1 Motor / Gearbox
Induces torque at screw drive. Depending on the direction of rotation, it causes the actuator to travel forwards or backwards.
Item 2 Spring assembly
Integrated spring assembly, protects actuator against operational axial impact loads.
Item 3 Bearing
Item 4 Screw drive /piston
The screw drive causes the actual movement and generates axial force at torque.
Item 5 Housing
Protection against external influences. The housing is used for guiding the piston.
Item 6 Piston rod
The piston is connected to the piston rod, which moves inwards and outwards.
Item 7 Guiding of piston rod
Its task is to guide the piston rod and at the same time it is a sealing element, also protecting against dirt and grime.
Item 8 Swivel- / fork head
Through the pivot head / fork head, the power is fed to the part to be moved
Components specifically designed for clean, efficient applications in water management; find out more about these products and explore case studies showcasing some of the projects Drive Lines have been involved in.
Drive Lines advise and supply components for flood protection and water management applications; find out more about the products and explore case studies to see ther applications in detail.
ADE-WERK have specialised in drive technology and electric linear actuators for almost 50 years, during which a complete range of standard products as well as special designs have been developed which are applied in many different industrial sectors.
A core area of expertise for ADE-WERK is the development of electric linear actuators for the operation of sluice gates in shipping canals. Since the first installation in 1995, there are now over 900 drives of this type supplied by ADE-WERK in use throughout mainland Europe. The growing trend to utilise electric actuators instead of traditional hydraulics have been fuelled by the environmental benefits and operating cost reductions:
- Lubricants cannot leak into the water due to the fully enclosed design and high-grade seals employed
- No need for trailing hydraulic hoses and the subsequent risk of hydraulic oil leakage
- The linear push-pull forces are generated electro-mechanically
- Integrated controls provide for stroke adjustment and control of maximum thrust force to provide precise control of gate motion and firm closure
- Maintenance costs reduced substantially due to high wearing life of components and long interval lubrication
- High mechanical efficiency drive system combined with power used only when operating (as against hydraulics) means lower energy costs
- Low noise
- Gate drives for radial gate, compound gate, wedge roller gate, rotating gate, etc
- Weir drives for: fish gates, weir plates, etc
- Bridge drives for: bridge actuation, bridge locking, etc
- Lock gates for pleasure boats and flap gates
- Barrage drives for flood control gate